Welcome to the Sparrowbush Engine Company
1917 - 103 Years of Continued Volunteer Service - 2020
"The Best In The West, Never Rest in Nest"
Congratulations to the Class of 2020 and our very own
PJHS Senior James Oosterom
New York State and Orange County in a State Health Emergency
Orange County COVID-19 Information Page
All Schools are closed through the end of the Academic Year
Port Jervis School District Meal Distribution Expanded to provide meals for the Weekends and Hot-foods or able to reheat
Meal Distribution Model Pick Up:
We are now serving meals on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday's ONLY at HBE, PJMS & PJHS:11:00 am - Noon. Monday and Wednesday's will include 2 days of meals and Friday's pick up will include weekend meals and breakfast for Monday. Distribution at the Salvation Army location will remain the same - 10:00 am - 11:00 am.
The Salvation Army has been beyond gracious and generous in partnering with the school district during this time. They have offered to continue the delivery of meals. The delivery of the meals will be on: Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Again, these deliveries will include meals for every day of the week. Meal Distribution Model: Delivery Monday : Lunch (for Monday and Tuesday); Breakfast (for Tuesday and Wednesday) Wednesday : Lunch (for Wednesday and Thursday); Breakfast (for Thursday and Friday) Friday : Lunch (for Friday); Breakfast and Lunch (for Saturday and Sunday; Breakfast (for Monday)
Canned and Non-Perishable foods may also be available at each site for additional food distribution.
For More Information on the schools Meal Program, Online Learning, Other News go to PJSCHOOLS.ORG
To help keep our community and members safe during the Covid-19 Outbreak we have implemented the following precautions for the next several weeks.
- Members are not to congregate at either station. Masks are to be worn at all times when in the Station
- Meetings, drills and fundraising may resume in July. 6feet separation or masks to be worn.
- City of Port Jervis Fireman's Parade on Saturday July 11 Has Been Cancelled
- City of Port Jervis Dinner along the Delaware and Fireworks on July 2 has been cancelled - Fireworks rescheduled for Friday September 4th
- Stations are only accessible to emergency responders responding to calls - No outside personnel, including family and community organizations are allowed.
- All Public Hall Rentals are cancelled or postponed until further notice. Contact us at email@example.com in regards to your rental. Members may utilize the hall with the following regulations - must have 6+feet separation or wear masks, clean and sanitize areas as required, The hall is limited to 50% capacity (90 persons)
- Will only be responding to ECHO Level Medical Calls - Life threatening emergencies.
- Per the Chief's Office, we WILL NOT BE participating in the Children Birthday Party Drive-By's at this time.
All above will be reevaluated and updated as needed
Prevent Home Fires
SAVE A LIFE
CHECK YOUR SMOKE DETECTOR BATTERIES!!!
9-11-01 Let Us Not Forget "343"
— The Firefighter's Prayer
Port Jervis/Town Of Deerpark Stop DWI PSA : http://townofdeerpark.org/?p=2133
Weather Link from the OC Emergency Services Center in Goshen, NY:
Pictures of Apparatus provided by OCNYfire.com and Michael Prohira Photographer.
Graphic Header Logo courtesy of Tony Donato from fireforums.us/1st responder news/ChesterFD
Webmaster: Scott Glynn
National Terror Alert
January/April/July/October: Car 1 & Car 4
February/May/August/November: Car 2 & Car 5
March/June/September/December: Car 3 & Car 6
Duty Chief/Officer handles all Communications to the County, Responds to all incidents after normal hours (10p to 6a), Responds on all Mutual Aid Calls, Contact Officer for all Public Service and Non-Emergency Calls
Truck Checks for September to be done by Parade Detail
841- 842- 843- 844- 845-
846- 848- UTV/ATV/Trailer-
Boat 1, Boat 2, Jetski-Dive Squad
2020 - 37
2019 - 57
2018 - 85
2017- 93 (including 1 local- Nyack FD Rockland County NY 12/18/17
2015- 86 (Including 1 local- Mt Marion FD Ulster County NY 12/19/15)
Information on Parkinsons Disease